Medical Science Liaison Hemato
- Provide scientific and technical leadership to ensure professional and credible relationships with thought leaders and external experts of strategic importance to the company.
- Assist in the initiation, oversight and follow up of assigned clinical studies and medical projects initiated within the therapeutic area for which the MSL carries responsibility (e.g. post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV).
- Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for thought leaders and external experts within an assigned geographic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use.
- Upon request, assist physicians with requests for access to medicines on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested, but with the focus on Tier 1 and 2 external experts.
- Provide key thought leaders / external experts and internal medical and clinical teams with scientific and technical support for publications of scientific or medical interest.
- Support internal teams such as sales and marketing and members of the Affiliate Brand Team to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members while retaining functional independence.
- Facilitate medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities – and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and Conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Supportive collaboration with Clinical Research and development team to facilitate successful set up of studies and related recruitment.
- Developing expertise in specific relevant therapeutic area , attending scientific society meetings and local, global scientific medical meetings
- Developing preliminary contacts in EEs and identifying UMN in specific disease, gaining scientific expertise to support market access and pre launch internal activities .
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD., MD, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned therapeutic area, and in medical research in general.
- Experience in developing networks with External Experts, partnering with hospital clinical teams for a better patient outcome
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
- Ability to comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with thought leaders, physicians and other healthcare decision makers.
- High customer orientation.
- Trilingual (Fr + NL + EN)
- Team player – strong collaboration with infield team members
- Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity