Translation of scientific and clinical insights into the overall success of the business through
Medical Advisors are key members of the medical department. The role of the Medical Advisor is to interact significantly with internal and external customers and Medical Advisors have therefor a hybrid setting.
• Expertise and Medical Support: Provides broad and deep understanding of the therapeutic area cross-functionally. Seen as credible medical and scientific expert by internal and external customers.
• Coordinates and ensures qualitative product / disease and therapies training on assigned therapy area and medicines to internal and external customers, including the field force.
• Serves as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for external experts and in general in order to satisfy their needs for scientific information and knowledge in a therapeutic area relevant for the medicines, and support the safe, effective and appropriate use of the products.
• Collaborates actively as member of Brand Teams with other functions (such as Marketing, Sales, Tender manager) to ensure development and implementation of material and projects part of the strategic customer plans.
• Develops external contacts with KOLs, influencers, key associations, academic and regulatory community to gain insights in market and clinical evolutions including competitive intelligence and organize Advisory Boards when appropriate.
• Engages customers, including HCP’s in non-promotional medical and scientific discussions regarding all on-market and in-development the products or topics relating to disease states.
• Develop, initiate and follow up of medical projects and/or clinical studies initiated within the therapeutic area of interest for the company (e.g. research collaborations).
• Ensures that all material and activities are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Company policies and accepted standards of best practice
Aline Vandermeeren +32 16 30 95 09 or 0497 715 810