As an R&D Project Manager you provide project management expertise to multiple cross-site, cross-functional pharmaceutical and biological product development teams to ensure execution of operational objectives.
You are responsible for the development of robust project plans and to help drive team execution to plan through effective critical path analysis, risk management and scenario planning.
You will ensure the project deliverables are achieved on or ahead of schedule, within budget and agreed project scope.
You will collaborate with Scientific Team Leaders and Project Coordinators for the effective communication of strategy decisions and the resolution of ongoing project dynamics to result in seamless execution of projects.
- Participate in the project valuation process, ensuring robust scenarios with estimates of timing, cost, and resources are available to facilitate decision making - resulting in the selection of the optimal progression strategy.
- Lead the project planning exercise resulting in a robust and high quality plan with buy-in from all team members and stakeholders.
- Lead risk assessments with the team and explore risk mitigation options and contingency planning scenarios that balance cost, timing, and product profile.
- With project coordinator and team members; identify ongoing operational and technical issues, facilitate discussions with team leadership and recommend possible resolutions to keep the project on track.
- Provide guidance and coordination to teams on project & portfolio management processes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the discipline by sharing best in practice techniques and processes with peers.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ project management experience using formal project management methodologies.
- Detailed understanding of effective scheduling and execution of complex projects.
- High level of competency using Microsoft Office suite – with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Consistently model behaviors of accountability and ownership through excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently while fostering good working relationships across physical distance and have flexibility and the capacity to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Proven experience in assessing and managing risk by providing recommendations on mitigation strategies through strategic scenario modeling and decision analysis.
- Attention to detail is important, but the ability to view the larger picture and determine appropriate goals and timing are equally important.
- Fluent in English and Dutch or French or another European language.
- Experience using Enterprise Project Management (EPM) and Chronicle Graphics OnePager Pro.
- Working knowledge of drug and vaccine development process.
Helga Gillijns +32 16 30 95 09 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please notice that we are not able to react to all the applicants whose profile isn’t answering the requirements. If your profile meets the requirements, we will contact you)